General Position Summary
Responsible for assisting the VP of the newly created KYC Middle Office. This person will conducts KYCs directly on opening new customer accounts and executing periodic review of those accounts, as well as work directly with the VP to guide other employees. This person will assist with conducting Quality Control on all KYCs and renewals in alignment with CUSO and Global Financial Crime Division of MUFG (“GFCD”) KYC Policy and Standards. Participates in the maintenance of all policies, procedures and processes required for the Branch in accordance with the GFCD KYC Policy and Standards. This person will assist in information and documentation gathering for examination from Regulators and U.S. Audit Office (“USAO”). The person will help coordinate any Global Financial Crime Compliance Testing of MUFG (“GFCCT”) testing, system/ model validation, and will track any issues identified in the KYC Middle Office and help remediate
Essential Job Functions
• Conduct KYC on opening new customer accounts and on periodic review.
• Conduct Quality Control of KYC files, including providing feedback on specific areas of improvement
• Make any required updates to operating manuals and related procedures
• Assist in the training on any procedure update
• Track and schedule the annual model/system validation for the KYC tool
• Gather information and documentation for internal and external audit
• Gather, track and monitor operational metrics such as service level agreements (“SLAs”) and quality and put strategies in place to ensure thresholds are within risk appetite
• Drive and maintain escalation protocols
• Assist the VP with liaising to Compliance Group to discuss identified trends and develops appropriate resolutions, as well as maintains an awareness of changes to their operational processes.
• Solid knowledge of KYC/AML and experience in client onboarding and/or AML operations
• Ability to think critically under pressure and deliver sound judgment
• Firm understanding of bank products and services
• Knowledge of various types of customers and ability to analyze customer activities, profiles and source information.
• Excellent analytical skills, with the aptitude of independently performing complex or varied tasks, such as coordinating and analyzing large amounts of multifaceted data.
4-5 years of relevant work experience.
Bachelor’s Degree or an advanced degree from a 4 year college or university (in a related curriculum)