EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
The position is responsible for developing, implementing, administering, and maintaining all aspects of the BSA/AML Compliance Program. The position ensures the program functions at a high level of compliance with the BSA/AML related laws and regulations and internal policies.
- Coordinates and executes an effective AML Compliance Program in compliance with current industry best practices, regulatory guidance and requirements
- Develops and administers the AML transaction monitoring systems to ensure appropriate parameters are in place to identify suspicious transactions and activity
- Develop an effective AML surveillance reporting program including a program to identify and detect suspicious transactions
- Administer the AML training program for management and all associates and provide detailed guidance on the AML program as well as related firmwide policies and procedures.
- Establishes an effective global sanctions monitoring program including OFAC and other relevant jurisdictions
- Conducts periodic risk assessments with considerations to customers, products, services, members and geographies that may present AML risks
- Provides strategic direction to the AML team (which could include operational, analytical or risk management components) that monitor and analyze trends, patterns, and external factors impacting firm’s money laundering risk.
- Manages a team of AML Compliance Analysts
- Responds to periodic examinations/audits by FINRA, SEC and independent firms
- Performs other duties as required and assigned