Apply for the Assistant Controller position
"*" indicates required fields
Office Status: Hybrid
Compensation: $100k-$150k base
- Works in conjunction with the Controller in setting direction for Highland’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Supervises and directs the activities of the accounting, account receivable, accounts payable groups and staff accountant.
- Approve Customer ACH auto debits for customer payments.
- Approve Vendor ACH / Wire payments for new business volume funding and operating expenses.
- Manages the general ledger maintenance process including the opening and closing of accounts.
- Process the month-end closing for the Dollars Lease Accounting system and SAGE / SAP general ledger close.
- Prepare accounting calculations, including expense accruals, etc.
- Maintains and enforces the general ledger reconciliation policy and prepares Balance Sheet reconciliations and fluctuation analysis for items that exceed thresholds.
- Manages the Fixed Asset accounting and Sage / SAP module for both Book and Tax purposes.
- Participate with SOX controls, including the monitoring of existing controls and the development of key controls over new lease accounting processes.
- Provides assistance and guidance to auditors, examiners during audits, exams, as well as other operational areas with the bank including production of support as requested.
- Maintain/create policies and procedures for the accounting functions.