EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
This position requires an individual who is open minded (to new skills and potential new industries), can skillfully serve as a linchpin between the various stakeholders within the branches, agencies and other credit departments. The Credit Department Associate or AVP , Analyst must possess industry knowledge and have his/her finger on the pulse of market trends in order to make accurate and informed recommendations to senior management for approval or denial of credit requests.
· Reviews/assesses credit applications from branches/agencies.
· Provides effective analysis of credit including, worthiness of applicant, loan structure, risk return, applicant operating profile and industry profile including historical profit and loss performance, financial condition and cash flow.
· Creates various types of projection/recovery/other financial models, commenting on the reasonableness of assumptions in both management’s and bank’s sensitivity cases.
· Compares the prospective borrower to its peers and notes industry trends.
· Prepares accurate, clear, well-organized and complete written summary/analysis (Credit Opinion) with recommendations for approval or decline. Discusses with branches/agencies potential changes to credit structure or other conditions for which we would grant credit approval.
· Presents credit approval recommendations to senior management.
· Thoroughly analyzes and recommends appropriate Borrower exposure to maximize risk return.
· Recommends appropriate risk rating for each customer/transaction as required.
· Proactively monitors and assesses assigned borrowers/industries including market data such as share price, EDF, CDS or loan secondary price or other appropriate indices and reports the information and its impact on credits/industries to Senior Management in a timely manner.
· Complies with credit standards, policies, objectives and requirements. Plays strong management role with branches/agencies to ensure they understand and comply with the policies.
· Acts as liaison between, gathers information (especially on problem customers) from and exchanges views with branches/agencies/other Credit Departments and senior management regarding issues related to credit applications, monitoring, analysis, standards and policies.
· Proven credit analysis skills and related analytical skills/knowledge/abilities:
· Demonstrates in-depth industry knowledge and information on key industry players within the Technology/Media/Telecom sectors
· Exhibits a capacity to analyze the underlying credit trends, including the competence to accurately assess credit migration trends and default possibility of the borrowers.
· Demonstrates credit skills/ability to accurately identify and evaluate underlying risk elements of the borrowers.
· Aptitude to write well organized, accurate and in-depth reports based on information gathered and thoughtful cash flow projections.
· Strong multitasking ability to proactively monitor on an on-going basis the pool of credits to detect potential credit problems at an early stage.
· Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics or strong quantitative background.
· An open mind, willing to learn new skills and unfamiliar industries.
· Solid time management skills.
· Ability to plan and schedule work to meet both long term and short term time frames.
· Consistently demonstrates effective negotiation, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present credit package to decision maker.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Capable of working well independently and in teams.
· Effectively analyzes and solves problems/issues.
· Proficiency with Capital IQ, Bloomberg, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Formalized credit training from an accredited financial institution and proficient financial modeling skills.