International Bank Client
Office Status: Hybrid
- The GRM Market Risk group provides independent and effective monitoring, control, and communications on the nature and extent of all material market risk and ensures the implementation and compliance with risk management policies and procedures.
- The new hire will join as a member of the GRM team that is responsible for the market risk oversight of credit products in New York with primary responsibilities and other key aspects of the job defined in the following sections.
- Coverage to include corporate credit portfolios, in the primary and secondary markets.
Risk Oversight and Analytics
- Help provide risk oversight for credit products within Spread Products (formerly part of FICC) and Global Investment Banking trading and underwriting businesses.
- Aid in the management of the market risk reporting process and ensure the accuracy of key risk measurements.
- Development the risk infrastructure and processes used managing risk on a day-to-day basis.
- Analyze key trading strategies and products to ensure they are in line with risk tolerance and objectives.
- Review significant transactions to support the Business, and senior GRM approvals, ensuring proper risk controls.
- Collaborate with various regulatory and technology groups to help meet its strategic infrastructure goals and comply with key regulatory requirements including FRTB, Volcker, and CCAR.
- Work with Trading to ensure a close cohesion on key risk issues: systems, limits, risk management
- Play a lead role in enhancing the GRM on desk risk systems
- Investigate risks to provide value-added insight and analysis to senior management on risk trends and concerns.
- Data analysis of large quantities of data, including ability to draw conclusions from the data.
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, or other quantitative discipline.
- 2-3 years experience in risk management, trading, finance, or a related field.
- Knowledge of financial markets that demonstrates an interest in the subject matter.
- Must be self-motivated, highly curious and inquisitive, and capable of working with minimal direction.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle a significant and diverse workload, in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize projects and workload.
- Previous experience to corporate credit, specifically leveraged finance, or structured credit is a plus.
- Analytical approach to problem solving, and willing to challenge the status quo.
- Strong technical skills, including exposure to Python, VBA, SQL, or Tableau.