Community Bank Client
Office Status: On Site
- Assist the VP BSA/AML Officer oversee and coordinate BSA/AML/OFAC Programs. Acts as back up for the VP BSA/AML Officer and support daily functions of the department.
- Assist BSA Officer with various processes including the annual BSA/AML/OFAC Risk Assessment process; generating reports to Board of Directors; and preparing for internal audits and regulatory examinations. Ensure open issues from regulatory exams, internal audits, and consultant recommendations are tracked and appropriately resolved.
- Perform searches of customer records in connection with OFAC and 314 (a) request in a timely manner. Administer and track 314(b) requests and maintain records as per regulatory requirements.
- Perform enhance due diligences (EDD) reviews for prospective customers when requested by a business unit. Conduct research and report findings to the unit in a cohesive manner.
- Provide oversight to the AML Investigators staff, which acts as the first line of monitors and investigators of suspicious activity. Manages the alert investigation workflow to ensure prompt, accurate and complete investigation of all AML system alerts and proper escalation of cases. Assists investigators with review and decisioning system alerts as needed.
- Ensures consistent, timely and through completion of investigations casework to facilitate case closure and/or timely filing of SARs.
- Ensure process continuity to meet regulatory reporting deadlines and avoid backlogs in the department.
- Provides support to AML Investigators with cases escalated to the Business Units and ensures resolution of these cases by obtaining consistent and timely feedback through written or verbal communications with the Business Units when needed.
- Assist, coordinate and/or lead department projects or special projects to ensure project completion as required, while complying with policies and procedures and meeting regulatory reporting deadlines for all other department processes.
- Perform quality control checks and self-assessments as needed to ensure quality controls are adequate and effectively maintained in compliance with Bank policies and procedures. Report issues and findings as appropriate and ensure resolution.
- Oversees the High Risk and Exempt Customer processes.
- Responsible for ongoing monitoring tracking and reporting.
- Communicate and advice internal staff and business Units in AML policies and procedures as needed. Provide advice and support to internal staff, the AML Coordinators and business units as requested, as it relates to AML issues and related compliance matters.
- Develop, coordinate, and facilitate AML/OFAC related training and when required deliver in person training to department staff as well and to other business units. Assist with the Internet based compliance-training program.
- Act as a training and information resource for department staff, branches and other business units. When required, inform staff of legislatives initiatives and changes, changes in regulatory requirements related to AML/BSA, and changes in BSA/AML related policies and procedures.
- Administration/troubleshooting of the anti-money laundering/OFAC software and for the automated CIP system. Participate in the implementation of system upgrades as needed.
- Develop and participate in compliance programs and initiatives. Act as a resource for business units, departments and management.