- Execution and monitoring of risk management practices
- Investigation of operational issues and control breakdowns
- Assessing new product and business opportunities for operational risks, providing guidance on the approval of these activities, and ensuring post completion conditions to approval are implemented effectively
- Providing risk guidance on various business projects and ensuring appropriate frameworks are in place to manage project and business risks
- Implementing operational risk frameworks and a strong risk management culture providing expert operational risk advice
- Proactively identifying operational risks and assessing the adequacy of controls to manage such risks, including recommending enhanced or additional controls
- Design and complete control assurance testing on critical controls and present results to senior management
- Demonstration of strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Using strong communication skills to partner with senior management and engage with stakeholders in the Risk Management Group and support areas such as operations, finance, settlements and technology to ensure a high level of control is maintained
- 6+ years’ previous experience in an operational risk management environment or related role (e.g. internal audit)
- The ability to contribute to conversations with business leaders and risk management colleagues at all levels regarding anticipated and emerging issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to independently analyze complex processes / issues and present clear and concise reports.