Major international investment bank is looking to build out an audit team supporting their core capital markets activities. As opposed to most audit teams at other firms, this group works extremely close to the business and is highly valued from the 2nd and 1st LOD. As an AVP you’ll get exposed to all areas within capital markets including the firms securitized products/fixed income/equities trading and real estate transactions. Several people on this have come directly from the business because they’re still able to add value towards growth while working very good hours + ability to work from home 2/3 days a week.
- Participate, lead or work independently on finance or capital management audits and finding validations, and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks within those areas
- Proactively develop and maintain professional consultative working relationships within your own function and with stakeholders inside and outside the Bank and respective support areas
- Uses a range of approaches to collect relevant information to assess key risks, resolve major issues or carry out tasks
- Works in a co-operative manner with subject matter experts and other teams from across the function and outside the function to provide ‘end-to-end’ audit coverage and actively contribute to the delivery of team plans in support of the functional and business strategies, working under limited supervision
- May occasionally participate in ad-hoc projects and special investigations
- 3+ years of audit experience from a “big 4” consulting firm or large financial institution
- CPA or CISA is a plus