Office Status: Hybrid
Compliance Analyst is responsible for operational support duties of the Compliance Department, assisting the Compliance Officer as directed. This position assists in developing, implementing and ensuring the overall effectiveness and adherence to Bank compliance programs based on new regulations, changes to existing regulations, business model, and Audit and/or exam findings as a result the ideal candidate should be familiar with the full gamut of alphabet banking regulations. This position involves use of independent judgment as well as responsibility for performing technical and complex duties in fulfilling the jobs responsibilities.
The Compliance Analyst – HMDA/CRA responsibilities include, monitoring the Banks’ Community Reinvestment Act compliance. This monitoring includes administrative tasks for maintaining public files, performing periodic testing for branch compliance, preparing timely Home Mortgage Data/Loan Application Register (LAR) reporting as well as serving as the Bank’s resource or “go-to advisor” on HMDA/CRA matters to support customers and the branch network.
- Ensure that HMDA/CRA policies and procedures are consistent with those documented in the Compliance Manual and are consistent with applicable laws and regulations.
- Assists Chief Compliance Officer in developing compliance testing programs including updating programs as HMDA/CRA regulatory changes occur.
- Provides quarterly HMDA reports to the Chief Compliance Officer relative to the LAR at the direction of the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Maintains updates from supervisory agencies to track regulatory changes and update procedures accordingly.
- Conducts periodic testing on behalf of the department to monitor business-line regulatory compliance. Communicates violations of law to the Chief Compliance Officer promptly.
- Attends various internal meetings and completes administrative tasks, such as preparing committee minutes
- Prepares the annual CRA report, inspects and updates branch CRA signage as needed and support the businesses with data on the social impact of the Bank’s CRA efforts.
- Provides support to the Chief Compliance Officer for critical board reports containing key performance indicators
- Follows corporate Code of Ethics policies and procedures; complete administrative tasks correctly with little supervision and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values.
- Conduct targeted internal compliance reviews, oversee and monitor corrective actions.
- Monitor and disseminate information from regulatory agencies to ensure awareness of changes in laws and regulations.
- Where needed, develops and present targeted training modules to departments in need of targeted CRA/ HMDA training.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in bank related positions with strong leadership and management experience in bank compliance and/or regulatory examination experience.
- Thorough understanding of applicable banking policy and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of BSA and USA Patriot Act.
- Some experience with compliance testing preferred.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills; attention to detail; independent judgment with strong analytical and risk assessment skills; strong business judgment; ability to function well in deadline intensive environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in assessing the significance and relevance of identified compliance risks.
- Basic PC skills with Microsoft Excel and Word.