This position provides (i) a great opportunity to work on challenging deals / structures in the leveraged finance space, (ii) strong visibility with senior and executive management, and (iii) exciting carrier growth prospects. Members of the team operate in a fast-paced environment (supporting high volumes of LBO transactions).
· Provides effective analysis of credit including financial performance, deal / facility structures, macro business environment (business outlook), industry dynamics, peer analysis, etc.
· Proactively monitors and assesses assigned borrowers across different industries. Creates various types of projections and other financial models (using appropriate / detailed model assumptions).
· Prepares accurate, clear, well-organized, and complete Credit Opinions (with recommendations on internal rating, internal exposure risk appetite, and other aspects of portfolio management workflow).
· Presents recommendations and results of credit analysis to senior management.
· Directly engages in external & internal meetings (calls) with multiple internal counterparts, syndicate banks, clients (companies / sponsors), and other related parties.
· Proven credit analysis skills and related analytical skills/knowledge/abilities:
o Firm knowledge of financial statement analysis. Strong capacity to analyze individual business and industry trends, including the competence to accurately assess credit migration trends.
o Demonstrates good credit skills, ability to accurately identify & evaluate underlying risk elements of the borrowers. Aptitude to write well organized, accurate and in-depth reports based on gathered information.
o Advanced knowledge of Excel and experience with building comprehensive cash flow projections.
o Strong multitasking ability to proactively monitor on an on-going basis the pool of LBO credits.
o Consistently demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present credit package to a decision maker. Excellent interpersonal skills (ability to work with very different personalities)
· Desirable education/skillset:
o MBA / Business degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics, strong quantitative background.
o CFA designation (or progress towards CFA designation)
o An open mind, willing to learn new skills and unfamiliar industries.
o Solid analytical and time management skills.
o Capable of working well independently and as a part of the team.
o Proficiency with Capital IQ, Bloomberg, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
o Formalized credit training from an accredited financial institution and proficient financial modeling skills.