International Banking Client
Office Status: Hybrid
Compensation: $100,000 – $140,000
- Provides effective analysis of credit including, worthiness of applicant, loan structure, risk return, applicant operating profile and industry profile including historical profit and loss performance, financial condition and cash flow. Creates cash flow projections, commenting on the reasonableness of assumptions in both management’s and client’s sensitivity cases. Compares the prospective borrower to its peers and notes industry trends.
- Prepares accurate, clear, well-organized and complete written summary/analysis (Credit Opinion) with recommendations for approval or decline for transactions and comprehensive annual reviews. Discusses with branches/agencies potential changes to credit structure or other conditions for which we would grant credit approval.
- Assesses valuations of E&P reserves for loans governed by borrowing base (reserve based lending, or “RBL”) taking into account recommendations from independent reserve engineer, client’s RBL policy, regulatory guidelines, and basin(s)/other reserve characteristics. Incorporates collateral analysis in credit opinion.
- Presents credit approval recommendations to senior management.
- Recommends appropriate internal and regulatory risk rating for each customer/transaction as required.
- Directly engages in external meetings/presentations/events with syndicate banks, rating agencies, clients, law firms and other related parties, in co-ordination with coverage bankers, other product partners and client affiliates.
- Proactively monitors and assesses assigned borrowers/industry subsectors including market data such as share price, EDF, CDS or loan secondary price or other appropriate indices and reports the information and its impact on credits/industries to Senior Management in a timely manner.
- Complies with credit standards, policies, objectives and requirements. Plays strong management role with branches/agencies to ensure they understand and comply with the policies.
- Acts as liaison between, gathers information (especially on problem customers) from and exchanges views with branches/agencies/other Credit Departments and senior management regarding issues related to credit applications, monitoring, analysis, standards and policies.