EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
The bank maintains a highly diversified loan portfolio, including corporate, financial institutions, project finance, commercial real estate and public finance.
The incumbent is tasked primarily with coordinating and supporting initiatives in reviewing and upgrading the credit rating systems (PD and LGD) in the US region, in addition to the model validation support, implementation, model maintenance, ongoing monitoring, and data management. Support in maintaining the relevant policies and procedures is also a key function of this position.
· Actively assist in team projects, including PD and LGD model development, parameter updates, model management, as well as other policy and process issues.
· Assist in maintaining ongoing monitoring of model performance.
· Assist in managing the model related documentation.
· Assist in integrating the models in the internal online system (GCMS).
· Assist in liaising with all concerned parties, e.g., business line, external consultants, auditors, regulators and Head Office.
· Assist in preparing rating related policies and procedures.
· Assist in working team administration.
· Other assigned responsibilities.
· Master’s degree or above in finance, financial engineering, mathematics or other relevant subjects.
· At least 3 years of experience in the relevant fields including whole credit model development, validation, or credit rating experience at a rating agency. Knowledge in stress testing or CECL (Current Expected Credit Losses) is a plus.
· Sound understanding of banking credit principles.
· Excel, Word, Power point skills.
· Proficient in VBA and SAS. Python is a plus.
Skills and Knowledge:
· Good knowledge and understanding of credit model management.
· Knowledge of credit products and lending principles.
· Knowledge of the financial markets, reporting and banking operations.
· Analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and able to take multiple tasks at the same time, and work under pressure.
EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
Performance of Analyst specific responsibilities as defined within the global Client Lifecycle. Management procedure of the Corporate Client segment (and/or local addendums) under the guidance and supervision of the Head of CVT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the global Client Lifecycle Management (CLM) procedure of the Corporate Client segment (and/or local addendums)
- Understand bank structure, client coverage/segmentation and products/services offered to clients in international bank locations
- Perform assigned tasks as part of the on-boarding, regular and event-driven review, account opening, account closure as well as off-boarding of Corporate Clients
- Review and assess quality of initial (potential) client data provided by Client Owner(s) / Business Unit(s)
- Perform validation of completeness and accuracy of mandatory KYC documentation and information provided by Client Owner(s) / Business Unit(s)
- Verify information and documentation provided by the Client Owner(s) / Business Unit(s) including but not limited to client’s identity, Beneficial Ownership and Bearer share information
Track and follow-up on documentation deficiencies and perform escalations of any non-receipt of documentation in a timely manner
- Conduct screening on clients, beneficial owners, associated parties, legal representatives, authorized signers/traders and others as defined by the CLM procedures
- Perform disposition of screening results; inquire further information and perform escalations as required
- Perform adverse news screenings and disposition of results; inquire further information and perform escalations as required
- Ensure discrepancies that arise between the information obtained from the customer and the information that is obtained during the verification process are properly resolve in cooperation with Compliance prior finalization of on-boarding /review
- Determine the Customer Risk Rating (CRR) based on global CRR methodology owned by Compliance
- Perform manual overrides of calculated Customer Risk Rating as authorized by Compliance
- Ensure that the appropriate level of Due Diligence is applied to the Client at onboarding and review
- Provide support in account opening and account closure
- Ensure Client Data elements and performed Due Diligence are properly captured/documented in appropriate CLM systems
- Process any changes to client’s KYC data upon receipt and ensure proper documentation of performance
- Liaise with Client Owner(s) and Compliance to clarify questions and resolve issues as they arise
- Escalate issues to Head of CVT and seek for guidance as required
- Review, investigate, communicate and escalate if required any issues identified during the KYC process
- Support initiatives related to changes in the regulatory landscape, system enhancements or updates
- Provide support in potential remediation reviews
- Miscellaneous responsibilities as required
- College degree in a business-related discipline or similar education, such as completed apprenticeship / training in the financial industry or similar education
- KYC / Compliance Certification preferred
- Professional experience in Client On-boarding operations and Anti-Money Laundering functions at a large financial institution
- Working experience in an international environment is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Financial Crime prevention and Know Your Customer requirements
- Ability to review and understand business and legal documents required for the KYC process
- Experience in conducting screenings and handling of potential hits to adverse news, designated sanctions targets and prohibited persons lists
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail required
- Advanced time management skills and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently or with limited guidance and seek for advice proactively
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite
- Fluent in English; German or other language skills is a plus