EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
This position is responsible for supervision of New York Branch and U.S. region’s risk related remediation.
· Assisting Deputy Head of RRO to organize the CUSO Remediation Steering Committee Meeting including but not limited to schedule management, meeting deck consolidation, meeting minutes drafting, voting sheet collection and CRSC Charter maintaining.
· Assisting Deputy Head of RRO to maintain or amend the policies and procedures of RRO.
· Tracking risk remediation tasks covering risk management, especially credit risk management. The tasks including but not limit to enhance the region overall risk culture, the branch’s credit risk management, credit policy and procedure, portfolio management and credit functional system.
· Parallel supervising the key risk related remediation project. Make suggestions of the project structure, the ultimate goal, milestones and deliverables of different phases. For each phase, monitor the implementation of major remediation task, tracking the remediation of regulatory findings, provide independent judgment, and challenge the plan and deliverables of the remediation where necessary.
· Inter-parties coordination and reconciliation. Conduct consistency review on different risk related remediation tasks, and check for potential inconsistency and incompatibility within.
· Completion Review on regulatory requirement execution and self-enhancement remediation. Perform completion reviews on remediation tasks and deliverables, challenge remediation results based on regulatory requirement.
· Escalation of Observations. Responsible for escalating its observations of discrepancies between different stakeholders on a timely base, to make sure the potential deficiencies, problems, lack of resources could be adequately captured and addressed.
· Other ad hoc tasks assigned by the department.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Master Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related field
· At least 3 year of risk analyst or credit analyst experience
Skills and Knowledge:
· Impressive teamwork spirit.
· Ability to manage and prioritize numerous projects simultaneously in a time sensitive environment.
· Excellent communication skills with Branch related department and executive management.
· Strong research, self-study and problem-solving skills.
· Good at office software such as Word, Power Point and Excel.
· FRM certification is a plus.
EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
Performance of Analyst specific responsibilities as defined within the global Client Lifecycle. Management procedure of the Corporate Client segment (and/or local addendums) under the guidance and supervision of the Head of CVT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the global Client Lifecycle Management (CLM) procedure of the Corporate Client segment (and/or local addendums)
- Understand bank structure, client coverage/segmentation and products/services offered to clients in international bank locations
- Perform assigned tasks as part of the on-boarding, regular and event-driven review, account opening, account closure as well as off-boarding of Corporate Clients
- Review and assess quality of initial (potential) client data provided by Client Owner(s) / Business Unit(s)
- Perform validation of completeness and accuracy of mandatory KYC documentation and information provided by Client Owner(s) / Business Unit(s)
- Verify information and documentation provided by the Client Owner(s) / Business Unit(s) including but not limited to client’s identity, Beneficial Ownership and Bearer share information
Track and follow-up on documentation deficiencies and perform escalations of any non-receipt of documentation in a timely manner
- Conduct screening on clients, beneficial owners, associated parties, legal representatives, authorized signers/traders and others as defined by the CLM procedures
- Perform disposition of screening results; inquire further information and perform escalations as required
- Perform adverse news screenings and disposition of results; inquire further information and perform escalations as required
- Ensure discrepancies that arise between the information obtained from the customer and the information that is obtained during the verification process are properly resolve in cooperation with Compliance prior finalization of on-boarding /review
- Determine the Customer Risk Rating (CRR) based on global CRR methodology owned by Compliance
- Perform manual overrides of calculated Customer Risk Rating as authorized by Compliance
- Ensure that the appropriate level of Due Diligence is applied to the Client at onboarding and review
- Provide support in account opening and account closure
- Ensure Client Data elements and performed Due Diligence are properly captured/documented in appropriate CLM systems
- Process any changes to client’s KYC data upon receipt and ensure proper documentation of performance
- Liaise with Client Owner(s) and Compliance to clarify questions and resolve issues as they arise
- Escalate issues to Head of CVT and seek for guidance as required
- Review, investigate, communicate and escalate if required any issues identified during the KYC process
- Support initiatives related to changes in the regulatory landscape, system enhancements or updates
- Provide support in potential remediation reviews
- Miscellaneous responsibilities as required
- College degree in a business-related discipline or similar education, such as completed apprenticeship / training in the financial industry or similar education
- KYC / Compliance Certification preferred
- Professional experience in Client On-boarding operations and Anti-Money Laundering functions at a large financial institution
- Working experience in an international environment is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Financial Crime prevention and Know Your Customer requirements
- Ability to review and understand business and legal documents required for the KYC process
- Experience in conducting screenings and handling of potential hits to adverse news, designated sanctions targets and prohibited persons lists
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail required
- Advanced time management skills and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently or with limited guidance and seek for advice proactively
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite
- Fluent in English; German or other language skills is a plus