Investment Firm Client
Office Status: Hybrid
Salary Range: $115,000-$150,000
Well known investment firm is building out its finance team to support the launching of a brand new fund. The firm as a whole has grown significantly over the past few years. They invest in a wide variety of industries including media, real estate, technology and financial services firms. This team works excellent hours (hybrid work schedule and summer Fridays) and is a big proponent of internal growth/mobility.
- Support leaders to ensure compliance with accounting standards and internal accounting policies for financial accounting.
- Lead analysis and review of new products and transactions and ad-hoc transactions.
- Lead any GAAP compliance matters and provide back-up when the manager or the leaders) is out of office.
- Assist with monthly forecasting and budgeting
- Provide adequate guidance and training to the junior accounting staff regarding the operation as well as accounting standards and internal policies and procedures.
- Enhance procedures and processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency of financial accounting operations.
- Perform monitoring, reconciliations and book closing and prepare various financial statements and reports.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from Head Office and auditors and establish necessary operations to comply with the requirements.
- Perform researches on accounting standards and accounting treatment of existing/new products and transactions.
- Participate in system enhancement projects and business projects from financial accounting perspective.
- Provide support to other staff of the Unit, if necessary.