Financial Services Client
Office Status: Hybrid
Major financial services company that had a great year performance wise in 2021 is building out its Accounting/Finance division. The firm recently announced an acquisition of a major private equity firm and has plans to continue to aggressively expand in 2022 and beyond. The head of the group has been with the firm for 8 years, he started as an AVP and is now running the department and managing a team of 10.
He has a great reputation as a mentor and training his associates providing them ample opportunity for promotion. He’s looking to bring on a new AVP to help support the investment bank. The team is working fully remote right now with the option of allowing their employees to work in the office in NYC on a voluntary basis.
- Support the management of the unit to manage financial accounting operations including daily and month-end closing of general ledger and daily, monthly and quarterly financial reporting for the US branch.
- Support leaders to ensure compliance with accounting standards and internal accounting policies for financial accounting.
- Lead analysis and review of new products and transactions and ad-hoc transactions.
- Lead any GAAP compliance matters and provide back-up when the manager or the leaders) is out of office.
- Perform preparation or preliminary review of daily/monthly monitoring and reconciliation, month-end book closing, and various financial statements and reports and oversee junior staff’s tasks to ensure the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of financial reporting.
- Provide adequate guidance and training to the junior accounting staff regarding the operation as well as accounting standards and internal policies and procedures.
- Enhance procedures and processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency of financial accounting operations.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from Head Office and auditors and establish necessary operations to comply with the requirements.
- Perform research on accounting standards and accounting treatment of existing/new products and transactions.
- Participate in system enhancement projects and business projects from financial accounting perspective.
- Provide support to other staff of the Unit, if necessary.
- Perform daily closing process of general ledger system, if assigned.
- 2-6 years of experience from public accounting or from an accounting division of a financial institution
- CPA is encouraged