This position sits on the Operational Risk and Governance team, which is within the wider Risk Management Group. This team works to form an independent view of the bank’s operational risk profile and affect change in operational risk management and culture.
- Providing independent oversight of the operational risk profile of the markets-facing Americas businesses
- Reviewing and evaluating new business initiatives; ensuring that key operational risks are identified and managed and that appropriate stakeholders are engaged in the approval process
- Reviewing and challenging the scope and outcome of business risk reporting, targeted assessments, significant incidents, key risk indicators, projects and assurance activities
- Analyzing operational risk data to identify risks themes and facilitate improved business risk management
- Advising the businesses on the best practice for design, measurement, analysis, evaluation and reporting of operational risk
- Assisting in compiling responses to requests from stakeholders including regulators, auditors and senior management
- Assisting with the implementation of key projects to deliver the bank’s Operational Risk strategy
- 5-8 years of Operational Risk, Internal or External Audit experience gained within a dynamic international financial institution or financial services firm, as well as a
- Preferably, a tertiary degree in Finance or related area. Relevant postgraduate degrees or professional qualifications (CA, CFA, CPA) would prove advantageous.
- Lateral thinker with problem solving and consulting skills and also have the ability to grasp abstract concepts and complex situations.
- Demonstrates commercial experience, and has an analytical mindset to make sound recommendations on operational risk issues.
- Strong and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a global matrixed organization to deliver results.