The Operational Risk Manager position resides within the Second Line of Defense Risk Management Team. The role reports to the Vice President of Operational Risk. Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage and provide effective challenge over the monthly Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) which covers over 250 metrics.
- Review the Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSAs), process maps and control testing results across multiple groups and provide feedback and commentary which is consolidated at an enterprise level.
- Lead and implement Operational Risk Management framework enhancements.
- Develop and facilitate semi-annual Scenario Analysis workshops to allow for proactive risk management.
- Provide Fraud awareness training to staff across the entity.
- Produce risk reporting for monthly risk governance committees.
- Respond to requests from internal and external examiners in a timely manner.
- Establish a cohesive working relationship with various lines of businesses (LOBs) and support groups to review and challenge their internal control structure and ensure compliance with Operational Risk Management policy and procedures.
- Partner with and provide reporting to Head Office and US Operations.
- Perform Ad-hoc duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Position requires 6-8 years of prior work experience in Operational Risk.
- Working knowledge of Banking and Financial Services Industry.
- Strong attention to details and proven ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, and the ability to present findings before senior management.
- Must be proficient in MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Word & Outlook. High level of PC skills.
- Technical Skills with Open Pages software would be a plus.