One of the largest internationally based commercial banks in the world is building out a QA team to support their US operations. They’re looking for a AVP of Audit that will cover QA and Audit within compliance and AML. This person will have a ton of exposure to the Head of US Audit as well as the Chief Auditor of the firm. Personality is key here as this person will be facing off with several senior level stakeholders on a weekly basis. The team in the US is new and has a start-up type of feel to it.
- The incumbent will support the quality assurance (QA) within internal audit on quality assurance of audit projects, technology and preparation support for audit initiations and deliverables, management reporting and training facilitations.
- S/he will assist in the developing and executing QA plans, supporting regulatory exam preparation and submission, preparing internal audit newsletters and management reporting, and facilitating internal audit QA trainings.
- Lead BSA/AML and Sanctions related audit and validation projects, and in implementing and supporting audit initiatives with a focus on risks and controls, regulatory compliance and internal auditing practice and standards.
- Maintain reporting metrics, and dashboards for executive management and/or committees, possess the knowledge of internal audit professional practices, risk and controls, policies and US banking regulations and familiarity with FFIEC regulatory standards, and bring in the knowledge, capability and experience to develop staff, including new hires, on audit standards.
- 2-6 years of Quality Assurance or Audit experience from a consulting firm for commercial/retail bank
- Experience covering AML