The Risk Data Analyst is a hands-on role to oversight risk data management, develop requirements and coordinate with business team and development team for report automation and data governance. The ideal candidate would have industry experience in risk report automation, and have understanding in multiple data management capabilities (e.g., Data Governance, Data Quality, Metadata, Data Lineage, Reference data management). He/she should be a team player and should be able to engage IT and other business stakeholders independently with minimal supervision. Since the DM tools are managed by Branch’s Head Office IT in China, proficient in speaking and writing in Chinese/Mandarin is highly preferred.
- Work with Data Steward of the department, to lead data management improving efforts of the department.
- Assist the team lead in eliciting business requirement from Risk Management Department, manage the planning and execution of requirements gathering workshop.
- Facilitate risk data warehouse and risk automation reports design by analyzing data requirements from multiple stakeholders, cooperate with development team to design and develop risk database and reports.
- Develop functions, views and stored procedures, complex SQL queries for reports that meet regulatory, risk, management and business requirements.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and post go-live parallel running for related risk data projects.
- Perform hands-on data-related tasks such as data analysis, data integration, data issue remediation, data reconciliation, data warehousing, and reporting automation.
- Write technical documents and testing reports.
- Execute ad hoc tasks/projects assigned by Supervisors
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the financial markets, banking operations and financial report analysis;
- Strong interpersonal, team-working and organizational communication skills
- Must be able to work under pressure with the team and deliver results in a timely manner
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Access), SQL and risk management applications
- Project management experience
- Proficient in speaking and writing in English and Mandarin is highly preferred.
- BS in Quantitative discipline required. Advanced degree preferred
- 3-5 year experience in risk management, data management or business analysis, preferably in the banking sector
- Advanced degree in data analytics, business analysis, etc. is preferred