Major international investment bank is looking to build out an audit team supporting their treasury division. This team sits under the umbrella of the CFO of the bank and has constant exposure to senior stakeholders throughout the firm. As an AVP you’ll get exposed to all areas within capital markets related to liquidity/treasury risk while collaborating firms securitized products/fixed income/equities trading desks. Several people on this have come directly from the business because they’re still able to add value towards growth while working very good hours + ability to work from home 2/3 days a week. Several people on this team have been put in a position to move internally into the business from the exposure they had. This person will also be put on a fast-track to VP.
The CFO treasury audit team is responsible for the timely delivery of high-quality, value-added audit reports for a portfolio of Treasury activities, which meet the requirements of the bank board and of the bank’s respective regulators, globally.
The treasury function is a component of the company’s finance organization. Treasury is tasked with providing an independent set of controls over the liquidity, capital, and interest rate in the banking book. Strong management of these risks is vital for the long-term viability and is a key focus of regulators in all countries.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Execute day-to-day operational audit work and contribute to the delivery of audits related to liquidity risk, capital management, and funds transfer pricing (including risk assessment profiles and business monitoring)
- Plan audits e.g. documenting activity flows of the processes to be reviewed, identify risks and the key actual controls in place to mitigate the identified risks and attend meetings with internal stakeholders as and when required
- Draft high-quality audit reports for review by audit management, facilitate issue tracking, validate the closure of issues, and approve closure of Important issues
- Execute audit fieldwork in line with the agreed audit approach e.g. documenting activity flows, identification of key risks, testing of key controls to determine whether they are properly designed and are operating effectively and documenting work in accordance with divisional standards
- Review and provide expert opinions on action plans provided by stakeholders, helping them develop robust remediation plans
- Complete all assigned audit work in line with agreed budgets, including ad hoc projects and special investigations
- 3+ years of audit experience from a “big 4” consulting firm or large financial institution
- Audit experience within treasury/liquidity risk is a plus
- CPA or CISA is a plus