National Banking Client
Office Status: Hybrid
The VP Underwriting Analyst reports to the director in the Asset Based Lending Division within Commercial Finance. Support the ABL Underwriting and Portfolio teams in analyzing and underwriting new and existing transactions.
- Support the ABL Underwriting and Portfolio teams in analyzing and underwriting new and existing transactions.
- Candidate will provide support to the Senior Underwriter during all stages of a transaction including financial modeling, structuring, due diligence, credit approval, legal documentation and the closing/syndication process, and/or support for the Senior Portfolio Manager with ongoing portfolio and client maintenance needs.
- Prepare financial spreads in CreditLens for new customers, when all information is available, within two days after request.
- Analyze historical financial performance of prospect including, but not limited to, determining LTM proforma EBITDA, fixed charge and leverage ratios.
- Support on new client underwritings as requested, which may include review of information available in data room, including 3rd party diligence materials, and assist with the preparation of the Pre‐screen, CAM, Projection Template cases , and Closing Compliance Memo
- The position requires a candidate to have strong credit and analytical skills that can multi-task and work in a high-paced team environment.
- Assist Middle Office with AML/KYC process on new and/or annual client review as requested.
- Enhance industry and subsector specific knowledge from transaction experience and other 3rd party reference materials
- Interact with Originators and support Senior Underwriters and Senior Portfolio Managers
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years’ experience
- Strong analytical, written and communication skills
- Proficiency in financial modeling and financial statement analysis