Our client; a Global Bank with US HQ in NYC is seeking an AVP/VP Operational Risk.
The incumbent will be responsible for administering and managing Operational Risk Assessment and Control Testing Programs. The role will participate in the design, supervision and implementation of a risk and controls program intended to support identification, assessment, monitoring, and escalation of the risk assessments performed by First Line Units. He/she will manage and execute such Branch-wide operational risk programs in accordance with Heightened Standard guidelines.
- Develop, execute and enhance Branch-wide operational risk programs such as: risk and controls assessment, process library management, risk and controls taxonomy, controls testing, issues management, and risk analytics
- Execute operational risk management processes to identify, measure, monitor, manage and report risks utilizing a systematic approach and approved methodologies
- Ensure the effective implementation of the Branch’s operational risk programs through training, awareness and monitoring
- Promote sound operational risk culture across the Branch by supporting and providing oversight to the first line of defense through various operational risk management programs
- Ensure a timely and efficient remediation plan is developed for operational risk management framework issues, and oversee implementation of rectifications
- Review and approve risk assessments conducted by both First Line Units and Internal Risk Management.
- Provide training, feedback and professional development opportunities to all team members
- Execute and ensure adherence to all policies and procedures impacting Operational Risk Management
- Support execution of department strategic objectives
- Aggregate operational risk profile utilizing the appropriate methodology
- Ensure ongoing communication of risk initiatives to the relevant committees
- Respond to regulatory inquiries related to operational risk management
- At least 5 years of total banking work experience is required.
- At least 2 years of experience in operational management area concentrating in RCSA or ERM risk assessment is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree or above is required.
- Knowledge of Regulatory and compliance knowledge, operational risk management framework, financial/banking industry and broad business policies, products, and processes are required.
- CFA/CPA/FRM/MBA certifications are preferred but not required.
- Bilingual capacity in English and Mandarin preferred, but not required.