EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
The Business Continuity Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining and managing the Americas business continuity program. The person will support all activities necessary to enable the Bank to respond to a business interruption (BCP event). When a BCP event occurs, the BCP Manager serves as a “first responder” and coordinates activities, from initial event response until return to business as usual. The BCP manager is also responsible to monitor news sites to keep abreast of potential BCP events that could impact the operations of the Bank.
- Ensuring that all areas remain in full compliance with directives related to BCP management as received from Head Office and FFIEC guidelines.
- Manage the BCP requirements of all departments via a Business Impact Assessment (BIA) and ensure that adequate resources are available for the bank to be properly prepared in the event of a disaster.
- Manage Threat Risk Assessment, providing an update every year.
- Maintain the BCP test plan strategy and support annual testing.
- Manage audits, both internal and from the regulator. Follow up on findings.
- Promote resiliency across the Bank.
- Keep current in BCP trends
- Ensure that all BCP documentation is current and effectively communicated to the organization
- Keep members of the Crisis Management Team (CMT) fully abreast of BCP-related events & issues.
- Serve as Main Focal point for all issues related to Business Continuity.
- Develop status reports (e.g., report cards) on departmental continuity plans and prepare management reports as necessary.
- Work closely with IT to develop/maintain DR plans for critical systems and applications and to ensure that disaster recovery sites are adequately tested.
- Coordinate the production and update of BCP/DR materials and documentation (e.g., emergency response procedures, call lists, test results, etc.).
- Coordinate BCP assistance & SLA’s for non-bank entities in the western hemisphere.
- Maintain responsibility for the New York BCP floor plan use and seat assignments.
- Identify BCP operational and IT office requirements (i.e. desktop, communication devices, printers, etc) as per the BIA and coordinate with the Facilities & GIT departments any construction, restacking and IT requests in support of the BCP program