Apply for the Business Control Officer position
"*" indicates required fields
Office Status: Hybrid
Salary: $97,000 – $130,000
- Implement and manage a controls management and assurance program to demonstrate oversight and management of key controls. Develop new & enhance existing tools to demonstrate Controls oversight within the 1st Line of Defense.
- Leverage the risk management system to enhance the 1st Line of Defense MI to demonstrate effectiveness of Business Control responsibilities and objectives through dashboards, reporting & key operational risk management tools. The key responsibility is the identification of (through testing), tracking and monitoring of actions relevant to key control gaps and remediation.
- Ownership & maintenance of a comprehensive controls library reflecting all key controls. Establish a standard process for the definition, assessment and comparison of each control across TP-ICAP.
- Working with Compliance & Risk Management partners, manage the 1LOD responsibilities relevant to the Operational Risk Framework.
- Planning, maintenance and execution of the front office control attestation for respective coverage areas in accordance with policy.
- Review and assessment in conjunction with annual ICAAP process
- Quality assurance & management of the loss event reporting in the 1st Line of Defense
- Lead aligned change management process for respective front office coverage areas.
- Maintenance and execution for respective first line control tests.
- Provide oversight and reporting into any policy breaches.
- Policy compliance and testing
- Governance & Supervision
- Random monthly personal account dealing review and matched principal oversight (via firm exposure)
- Prepare necessary materials for the Head of Business Control to present at regional governance forms (lessons learned, trend analysis, change management initiatives, control analysis, metric reporting, etc.)
- Assist Senior Managing Directors in T&E analysis as needed.
- Provide support to Senior Managing Directors to discharge applicable remote office supervisory activities acting in a delegate capacity as needed.
- Credit Risk Monitoring
- The individual is required to take initiative, managing all aspects of their objectives and projects through to completion.
- The individual will also be required to promote the key message and mission statements of the Business Control objectives and promote an engaging, open, honest and diverse work environment and team.