Financial Services Client
Office Status: In Office
- In this role, you will support a range of commodity trading desks and will actively communicate with the various traders, credit teams, legal group and with staff from various counterparties to fully understand client’s corporate information requirements and nature of collateral to be provided or received to support trading relationships. Traded commodities will include physical and financial power, emissions, oil, natural gas, ethanol, and financial agricultural and metals products.
- Being a collaborative team member who builds open dialogue-based relationships will help you succeed in communicating with existing and potential clients as part of the process to obtain necessary financial information. You will further utilize your persuasive communication skills (both written and verbal), combined with confidence when being challenged as you will liaise with the traders and manage the issuance and receipt of non-margined trade collateral requests on a regular basis. Your ability to maintain accurate attention to detail, handle pressure and competing priorities in a deadline driven environment is critical to your success in this role.
- Working alongside the commodity trading and credit teams with the initial set-up of new trade counterparties. This will include contacting counterparties to obtain information requirements including financial, operational, and collateral and/or credit requirements in order to facilitate/meet client’s counterparty acceptance processes.
- Attending credit conferences and meeting with counterparties in order to promote client and to explain the credit support arrangements for the different client trading groups.
- Ensure the effective valuation, control and management of non-margined collateral received by counterparties or provided to counterparties in support of client’s commodity trading activities in the Americas.
- Assistance with the negotiation, implementation, and management of third-party bank letter of credit facilities that are required to further facilitate commodity trading in the Americas.
- Proactively engage with business units and colleagues to understand underlying needs and opportunities and identify innovative solutions in a timely manner.
- An extent of financial analysis and preparation of credit memos.
- This role requires a bachelor’s degree and qualifications in Finance, Economics, Engineering, or other quantitative disciplines.
- Experience in broader credit risk analysis and marketing activities, coupled with possessing a high degree of ownership, delivery and timeliness are highly desired.
- Commodity trading market knowledge, although not required, would be beneficial to have.
- The variety of work offers unmatched learning and development opportunities working with an established and experienced Credit team.
- If you have 3+ years of experience with counterparty relationship and collateral management in financial markets, possess strong numerical and marketing skills, and see yourself as having a high degree of initiative, achievement drive, and an inquisitive nature, we would love to hear from you.