EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
The CECL Sr Analyst is a hands-on role to manage and execute multiple CECL projects. The role includes assistance in managing multiple projects (related policy creation/updates, data and reporting strategy, model development etc.), within the CECL 18 month roadmap. This role needs a seasoned senior individual who will also be assisting the program owner to manage day-to-day governance activities, e.g., executive reporting, project plan maintenance. Additionally, the resource will be expected to help the program owner in liaising and managing projects executed by external third party vendors. The ideal candidate should have industry experience on end-to-end CECL implementation solution and/or certain components of CECL implementation life cycle, such as, planning, data and reporting requirements, model development and validation, etc – from a business, data and technical perspective.
- Support the lead on the effective and efficient delivery of end-to-end CECL implementation delivery and act as the point of contact with across project stakeholders and other external partners (CECL vendor firms, consulting partners)
- Liaise with stakeholders (Department business team – Risk managers, Credit stakeholders, IT, other cross-department teams) manage and coordinate the business, functional and technical requirement development and entailing various other key components (PD, EAD, LGD, basic understanding of risk models, etc.) under the CCAR, CECL, IFRS 9 frameworks
- Collaborate with business & technology stakeholders to develop detailed workstream execution plan and project issues and risks are communicated
- Responsible for documenting and presenting detailed CECL workstream development processes and outcomes/results, suitable for a variety of audiences (stakeholders, Senior leadership, others)
- Develop status reporting, executive level communication and other internal/external communication (e.g., vendors, cross department)
- Manage all project management activities, including but not limited to, status updates, project plan updates/maintenance, socialization of deliverables with the stakeholders etc.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
Experience and Skills required:
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in data, finance and risk functions, preferably in the banking sector
- Working knowledge of CECL, CCAR, IFRS 9 is preferred
- Hands-on experience on portions of CECL components or end-to-end CECL implementation
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – MS PowerPoint and MS Visio
- Must have strong communication skills and suitable in teamwork environment.
- Must be proactive and analytical to evaluate and solve problems independently.
- Must be able to work under pressure with the team and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Must be willing to learn, self-driven and responsible.
- Bachelor/Master degree in finance or related field
- Advanced degree in risk management or finance is preferred