International Banking Client
Office Status: Hybrid
- CUSO Compliance seeks an individual to join the department as an analyst to perform a wide range of responsibilities within the department, primarily involved in the performance of Compliance Risk Assessment, Testing and Monitoring, among others.
- This role will report to the Head of CUSO Compliance Programs and afford an opportunity for broad exposure for the candidate across all areas of Compliance and senior management.
- The role will require extensive coordination across departments and geographies to obtain and compile sensitive materials for presentation to senior management and regulators.
- The successful candidate should be able to effectively collaborate within a team setting and possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- This role will require coordination and proactive outreach to various groups and divisions to collect and communicate information concerning business activities and the potential risks to the bank.
- The individual will also periodically interact with management and regulatory representatives, as well as assist in the development of corresponding materials.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a banking or regulatory organization, preferably within a financial institution focusing on investment banking or asset management.
- Experience with testing, assessments and monitoring is a plus.
- Ability to think strategically and develop solutions to complex situations.
- Talent in leading strategic programs and projects within complex environments to ensure the execution of critical programs.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Capable of leading multiple, simultaneous and various ad-hoc requests
- Demonstrated history of initiative and leadership
- Ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic, deadline-focused environment
- Analytical capability: able to break down complex problems into manageable units while developing solutions
- Strong intellect with consistent application of analytical skills and a capacity to translate technical and complex issues for broader audiences in a straightforward manner
- Result oriented: setting goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources available to consistently deliver quality results
- Communication Skills: excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels within the organization
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness
- Confidence in taking responsibility and resolving problems with strong influencing and negotiating skills while recognizing the need to work with colleagues and to seek guidance if necessary; a hands on approach that extends to taking practical initiatives as necessary to drive issues forward
- Technical rigor and attention to detail coupled with good presentation skills that demonstrate the practical implications of issues
- French is a plus