US Bank Regulatory Compliance
We are looking for a Compliance Officer, with a focus on lending and mortgage regulations, to join our Compliance Team in New York, NY. The right candidate will support the consumer regulatory compliance functions and support the development, implementation, and maintenance of a consumer regulatory compliance program through compliance activities across various lines of business, branches, and operating departments.
In This Position, You Will
· Participate in & contribute to the execution of Compliance Programs, ensuring alignment with Corporate compliance and strategic direction and recommend policy and/or action based on internal and external industry developments for area of responsibility.
· Serve as a resource to business units, internal team members, and management providing a range of support and analysis on regulatory compliance requirements, issues, and/or best practices, including the provision of guidance in the design, development and/or enhancement of processes and controls to manage compliance risks.
· Perform regulatory research in response to business unit compliance inquiries. Assist/support the business units on the implementation of new and amended laws and regulations.
· Identify and professionally escalate matters requiring management attention.
· Advise and consult on proposed new products, services, and initiatives regarding compliance obligations and corresponding compliance risks, and mitigating controls.
· Provide support with regulatory compliance examinations, and/or compliance audits or reviews.
· Review marketing materials, disclosures, and other customer communications subject to consumer protection regulations for compliance.
· Manage the complaint process for the compliance department, including the responses to consumer complaints received from regulators.
· Advise and support the business lines in the establishment and execution of action plans to address compliance deficiencies, findings, and/or recommendations of examiners, internal audits, and self-identified issues.
· Provide support to management in the execution of the compliance training program, including drafting training materials and conducting training as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
To Be Considered, You Will Need:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Banking/Accounting or related field is required.
· CRCM designation or JD is preferred.
· Minimum 7 – 10 years performing relevant regulatory compliance functions in the banking industry, and in-depth knowledge of deposit and lending products and applicable laws and regulations, included but not limited to Reg. DD, Reg. E, Reg. CC, ECOA, RESPA, TILA, HMDA, & FCRA.
· Prior experience working with regulatory agencies, including FRB, OCC, FDIC, or CFPB.
· Ability to analyze complex laws and regulations and relate those laws to operational procedures, company policies, and industry trends.
· Bi-lingual candidate/English-Spanish speaking preferred, including the ability to speak, read, and write Spanish at a collegiate level including the use of business terms.
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate effectively with senior level management.
· Ability to work independently. Excellent project management and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects at the same time while attentive to details and effectively meeting deadlines.
· Advanced analytical and highly developed critical thinking skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications necessary to complete assigned tasks and projects.
· Travel on occasion will be required.