EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
• Prepare marketing, proposal and approval materials for clients and to support internal decision-making processes.
• Work with senior staff, relationship managers, treasury personnel, capital markets professionals, as well as various internal and external counsel to assess, structure and execute transaction opportunities.
• Assist in modifying/building risk assessment and transaction pricing tools
• Assist in structuring various corporate asset finance products which may include large-ticket equipment loans/leases, asset-based loans (ABL), and tax equity investments.
• Research and build technical knowledge of accounting, tax, legal and regulatory considerations.
• Prepare various periodic reports, such as, risk analysis reports, self-assessment report, credit exposure reports, and regulatory reports.
• Strong quantitative and financial analysis abilities
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated advanced modeling utilizing Microsoft Excel including ‘clean sheet’ development
• Exposure to foundational accounting, tax and legal concepts associated with corporate finance
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, mathematics, accounting, economics, engineering and/or other business-related concentrations is required.
• 4-6 years of banking or commercial finance experience or recent MBA graduate with 3 years of prior analyst experience.
EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
Performance of Analyst specific responsibilities as defined within the global Client Lifecycle. Management procedure of the Corporate Client segment (and/or local addendums) under the guidance and supervision of the Head of CVT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the global Client Lifecycle Management (CLM) procedure of the Corporate Client segment (and/or local addendums)
- Understand bank structure, client coverage/segmentation and products/services offered to clients in international bank locations
- Perform assigned tasks as part of the on-boarding, regular and event-driven review, account opening, account closure as well as off-boarding of Corporate Clients
- Review and assess quality of initial (potential) client data provided by Client Owner(s) / Business Unit(s)
- Perform validation of completeness and accuracy of mandatory KYC documentation and information provided by Client Owner(s) / Business Unit(s)
- Verify information and documentation provided by the Client Owner(s) / Business Unit(s) including but not limited to client’s identity, Beneficial Ownership and Bearer share information
Track and follow-up on documentation deficiencies and perform escalations of any non-receipt of documentation in a timely manner
- Conduct screening on clients, beneficial owners, associated parties, legal representatives, authorized signers/traders and others as defined by the CLM procedures
- Perform disposition of screening results; inquire further information and perform escalations as required
- Perform adverse news screenings and disposition of results; inquire further information and perform escalations as required
- Ensure discrepancies that arise between the information obtained from the customer and the information that is obtained during the verification process are properly resolve in cooperation with Compliance prior finalization of on-boarding /review
- Determine the Customer Risk Rating (CRR) based on global CRR methodology owned by Compliance
- Perform manual overrides of calculated Customer Risk Rating as authorized by Compliance
- Ensure that the appropriate level of Due Diligence is applied to the Client at onboarding and review
- Provide support in account opening and account closure
- Ensure Client Data elements and performed Due Diligence are properly captured/documented in appropriate CLM systems
- Process any changes to client’s KYC data upon receipt and ensure proper documentation of performance
- Liaise with Client Owner(s) and Compliance to clarify questions and resolve issues as they arise
- Escalate issues to Head of CVT and seek for guidance as required
- Review, investigate, communicate and escalate if required any issues identified during the KYC process
- Support initiatives related to changes in the regulatory landscape, system enhancements or updates
- Provide support in potential remediation reviews
- Miscellaneous responsibilities as required
- College degree in a business-related discipline or similar education, such as completed apprenticeship / training in the financial industry or similar education
- KYC / Compliance Certification preferred
- Professional experience in Client On-boarding operations and Anti-Money Laundering functions at a large financial institution
- Working experience in an international environment is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Financial Crime prevention and Know Your Customer requirements
- Ability to review and understand business and legal documents required for the KYC process
- Experience in conducting screenings and handling of potential hits to adverse news, designated sanctions targets and prohibited persons lists
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail required
- Advanced time management skills and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently or with limited guidance and seek for advice proactively
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite
- Fluent in English; German or other language skills is a plus