International Investment Bank
Office Status: Hybrid
As a talented and ambitious Corporate Attorney, you will join our Global Governance’s dynamic Americas team in New York, NY and be part of our Americas Governance team based out of the New York and Jacksonville offices. The Americas team manages a large portfolio (500+ entities) of the bank’s subsidiary companies across the region.
- Drafting board resolutions and related documents for statutory changes, annual compliance obligations and other corporate actions including overseeing the formation, acquisition, corporate maintenance and administration for entities in the United States, Canada, Mexico and other LatAm countries, Brazil, Bahamas and the Cayman Islands.
- Advising business groups and supporting divisions on aspects of company secretarial/corporate governance practice, corporate law and internal policies and will provide technical and advisory support to the bank’s business groups on transactions and ad hoc projects.
- Liaising with external service providers, including our legal counsel, to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations, as well as acting as liaison between subsidiary boards and business groups on corporate approvals, and organizing, attending and minuting board meetings.
- Working to compile and distribute board and committee meeting packs electronically through Diligent Boardbooks, maintain group company statutory records on Diligent Entities, and compile company and ad hoc reports and organizational charts from Diligent Entities as required.
- Responding to ad hoc requests for company statutory information from the business groups and external parties, arranging issuances of secretary and incumbency certificates, and delegations of authorities.
- Juris Doctor and license to practice in at least one jurisdiction and bring a minimum of at least 7 years’ experience in a corporate setting, preferably within financial services
- Demonstrate proficient skills and knowledge of Office 365, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Worksite and Diligent Entities (or similar entity management database)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, manage workload independently and work with a team located in different locations.
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.