EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
This position requires an individual who can skillfully serve as a linchpin between the various stakeholders within the branches, agencies and other credit departments. The Credit Department Analyst/Associate must possess or being able to quickly learn detailed 3-statement cash flow modelling, be supportive in researching, analyzing and summarizing industry fundamentals, and be knowledgeable about financial statement analysis and accounting.
- Reviews/assesses credit applications from branches/agencies.
- Provides effective analysis of credit including, worthiness of applicant, loan structure, risk return, applicant operating profile and industry profile including historical profit and loss performance, financial condition and cash flow.
- Creates various types of projection/recovery/other financial models, commenting on the reasonableness of assumptions in both management’s and bank’s sensitivity cases.
- Compares the prospective borrower to its peers and notes industry trends.
- Prepares accurate, clear, well-organized and complete written summary/analysis (Credit Opinion) with recommendations for approval or decline. Discusses with branches/agencies potential changes to credit structure or other conditions for which we would grant credit approval.
- Recommends appropriate risk rating for each customer/transaction as required.
- Proactively monitors and assesses assigned borrowers/industries including market data such as share price, EDF, CDS or loan secondary price or other appropriate indices and reports the information and its impact on credits/industries to Senior Management in a timely manner.
- Complies with credit standards, policies, objectives and requirements. Plays strong management role with branches/agencies to ensure they understand and comply with the policies.
- Acts as liaison between, gathers information (especially on problem customers) from and exchanges views with branches/agencies/other Credit Departments and senior management regarding issues related to credit applications, monitoring, analysis, standards and policies.
- Proven credit analysis skills and related analytical skills/knowledge/abilities:
- Able to construct 3-statement cash flow models, supported by justifiable assumptions.
- Demonstrates basic industry knowledge and information on key industry players within the consumer & healthcare or industrial industry.
- Exhibits a capacity to analyze the underlying credit trends, including the competence to accurately assess credit migration trends and default possibility of the borrowers.
- Demonstrates credit skills/ability to accurately identify and evaluate underlying risk elements of the borrowers.
- Aptitude to write well organized, accurate and in-depth reports based on information gathered and thoughtful cash flow projections.
- Strong multitasking ability to proactively monitor on an on-going basis the pool of credits to detect potential credit problems at an early stage.
- 1-2+ years experience in some or all of the above.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics or strong quantitative background.
- Solid time management skills.
- Ability to plan and schedule work to meet both long term and short term time frames.
- Consistently demonstrates effective negotiation, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present credit package to decision maker.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Capable of working well independently and in teams.
- Effectively analyzes and solves problems/issues.
- Proficiency with Capital IQ, Bloomberg, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint