Summary: Reporting to the Sr. Executive Vice President/CFO and collaboration with the outsourced Risk consultant, the Corporate Risk Manager is responsible for the leadership, innovation, and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the company’s risk.
- Research and report on the most cost-effective plans to minimize asset liability.
- Prepare loss analyses and budgets, identifying exposures and other approved programs.
- Ensure the organization’s risk management policies and strategies comply with applicable laws, regulations, and strategic corporate imperatives.
- Oversee and monitor all operational risk management activities of the organization.
- Monitor and analyze operational risks within the company’s business units.
- Set (and enforce) required coverage types, applicable limits, and sub-limits, and all other requirements on all contracts entered into by the organization, including, without limitation, endorsements, cancellation notifications, subrogation, and additional insured requirements.
- Escalate to Management key matters of risk and control.
- Handle all renewals of insurance coverages (excluding medical and dental) maintained by the organization.
- Review and analyze risk management programs for the effectiveness of coverage and to reduce costs and losses.
- Ensure the proper and efficient handling of claims and evaluate claims’ financial value.
- Act as a liaison to attorneys (internal and external), insurance companies, and individuals, investigating any incidents that may result in asset loss.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a senior risk and control professional, a substantial portion of which must have involved setting and managing insurance requirements for real estate development and construction and leased commercial real estate management (as owner/lessor)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Risk Management, insurance, or related discipline.
- Associate in Risk Management a plus.
- Knowledge of insurance matters related to real estate development and construction and commercial real estate leasing.
- Experience managing relationships with and presenting to senior management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter, who can set priorities, take initiative and work both independently and proactively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a highly developed customer service orientation and ability to work effectively with all levels of internal staff and external contacts.
- Well-rounded insurance knowledge with the ability to communicate issues to non-insurance experts.
- Experience with a broad array of insurance coverage is a plus (i.e. Property Insurance, Casualty Insurance, Health Insurance, Real Estate / Construction Insurance, Product Liability, Professional Liability or Workers’ Compensation)