Office Status: Hybrid
The Combined US Operations (CUSO) Compliance function leads the Compliance function within the region and provides oversight to several functions and entities, primarily involving wholesale banking and investment management activities. CUSO Compliance is responsible for developing and coordinating a comprehensive and integrated Compliance function through effective management of the Compliance teams and the establishment of uniform standards of operation amongst the various entities within the region. CUSO Compliance is seeking an experienced candidate to serve as the lead Bank Regulatory Compliance Officer.
This individual will report to the CUSO Chief Compliance Officer.
The role requires extensive knowledge of US bank regulations and the policies and procedures necessary to establish an effective program of implementing, assessing and testing for applicable bank regulations. The role also requires strong coordination and collaboration skills to develop and implement necessary controls to support the organization.
The individual should be familiar with institutional foreign banking organizations operating within the US and have a deep understanding of the applicable regulations, including direct interaction with regulators.
The individual must also be capable of effectively communicating with executives and colleagues across various lines of business and throughout a global Compliance organization.
The successful candidate should be collaborative within a team setting and possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and project-related skills. This role will require extensive coordination and proactive outreach to various groups and divisions to understand the business activities and the potential risks involved.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in a banking or regulatory organization with specific knowledge of banking regulations and their application to financial institutions. Particular focus upon policies, procedures, controls and testing aspects of regulations is important.
- Experience in an international financial organization
- Experience in addressing US banking regulators
- Ability to think strategically and develop solutions to complex situations.
- Talent in leading strategic programs and projects within complex environments to ensure the execution of critical programs.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Capable of leading multiple, simultaneous and various ad-hoc requests
- Demonstrated history of initiative and leadership
- Ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic, deadline-focused environment
- Analytical capability: able to break down complex problems into manageable units while developing solutions
- Strong intellect with consistent application of analytical skills and a capacity to translate technical and complex issues for broader audiences in a straightforward manner
- Result oriented: setting goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources available to consistently deliver quality results
- Communication Skills: excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels within the organization
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness
- Confidence in taking responsibility and resolving problems with strong influencing and negotiating skills while recognizing the need to work with colleagues and to seek guidance if necessary; a hands on approach that extends to taking practical initiatives as necessary to drive issues forward
- Technical rigor and attention to detail coupled with good presentation skills that demonstrate the practical implications of issues
- French is a plus