Work within the firm’s internal corporate strategy team to identify, develop and implement transformation projects for senior management with focus on supporting the Commercial Banking division. The position will oversee a small team of strategy professionals and the group reports to the Managing SVP of Strategy and Transformation. Successful candidates will play an intricate and highly visible role in identifying and executing transformation projects for senior management. The corporate strategy team drives all firm wide strategic initiatives, addresses is high impact strategic issues within the firm’s portfolio of businesses and works closely with senior leadership leads all mergers and acquisition opportunities through the firm.
The director of corporate strategy role is specifically designed for experienced hires with a background in commercial banking strategy. The position will work in close partnership with commercial business leaders to:
- Identify opportunities and issues of strategic importance to the bank across the business units
- Develop transformation strategies to grow and reposition businesses when necessary
- Drive strategic framework for geographic expansion
- Develop new products and solutions
- Develop strategic and analytical frameworks that may pertain to specific markets, businesses or competitive analyses
- Conduct in depth research to support business strategies and identify trends across key business drivers such as credit, asset trends, cost structure, pricing, unit economics, product management and operational functions
- Responsible for regularly updating senior management on progress of projects until completion
- 12+ years of experience or equivalent in a commercial bank or financial institution focused on commercial lending and commercial deposit strategies
- Experience with commercial banking products such as C&I, ABL, Sponsor, Insurance, Commercial Real Estate, Corporate banking, Insurance and SBA
- Understanding of Financial statements and ability to analyze them is a must.
- The candidate must have the ability to run and instruct jr analysts on complicated quantitative analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Business. operations, strategy or engineering required.
- Master’s degree preferred, or equivalent practical experience a must.