Office Status: Hybrid
- Evaluate lending transactions and Americas Corporate Banking Department (ACBD), Americas Risk Management (ARM) and Americas Credit Department (ACD) to ensure compliance with risk ratings; adequacy of and adherence with policies and procedures, underwriting guidelines, portfolio management and regulatory guidance as well as expectations.
- Assist coordination of portfolio data integrity for review sampling and reporting.
- Provide management with objective assessment of the assigned sector of the loan portfolio and ensure emerging risks are identified and highlighted.
- Evaluate borrower financial performance through the assessment of financial statements and credit risk metrics, including income statement, cash flow statement, balance sheet, capital structure analysis and all base as well as stress-scenario financial projections as required.
- Coordinate credit risk assessments of and monitor designated portfolio sectors including the quantity of credit risk, quality of credit risk management and direction of credit risk along with adherence to Bank risk appetite.
- Provide insights and advisory collaboration to ACBD and ACD on risk identification, credit risk management processes and regulatory guidance.
- Understand how the risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day to day activities and decisions.
- Assist CRAD Managing Director in planning and executing the Annual Plan, providing financial and regulatory reporting and meeting regulatory requirements.
- As needed, complete assigned individual credit reviews, document findings, draft potential review issues and perform issue tracking up to resolution.
- Support day to day administration of CRAD, to include managing assigned team members.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all policies and procedures related to lending, credit ratings and problem loan monitoring. Proactively recommend changes to CRAD policies and procedures as needed.
- Work in standard office based environment, with non-standard hours a common occurrence.
- Perform ad-hoc/ancillary projects in support of the overall CRAD function.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of compliance rules and regulations in accordance with the directives of Americas Legal & Compliance Department (ALCD) and in compliance with Code of Conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent corporate banking work experience with post graduate business degree and/or CFA preferable.
- Minimum 10 year’s credit risk management experience (bank, rating or U.S. bank regulatory agency, consulting etc.), with formal credit training, a plus.
- Proficient in applying credit risk management standards, techniques and methodologies.
- Knowledge of U.S. regulatory environment and emerging risks.
- Knowledge of Leverage Lending and securitizations is a strong asset.
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Advanced computer proficiency (MS Office) and ability to acclimate to proprietary systems.
- Ability and willingness to articulate verbal and well-written and supported credit review opinions, including those divergent from ACBD and ACD officers.
- Collaborative approach to work with the CRAD team and ACBD and ACD officers.
- Capacity to manage competing project priorities and a diverse workload.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently, accept accountability and demonstrate initiative.
- Available to conduct domestic and foreign travel, if needed.