Business Unit Description:
Risk Management is led by the Senior Executive Vice-President and Chief Risk Officer (SEVP & CRO) and is accountable for the independent oversight of risks inherent in activities and for the leadership and management of Risk Management department.
The US Risk Management function carries out the mandate of Risk Management at the regional level, ensuring compliance with applicable Parent Bank policies, while complying with local laws and regulations governing the Region and its individual legal entities.
Enterprise Risk Management Programs, US Region (“ERM Programs”) develops, implements, and maintains a risk management governance framework and related policies and procedures for the US Region and its individual legal entities. This involves the regional implementation of global programs, where applicable, and includes: US Risk Management Framework and Policies, US Risk Appetite, Identification of Material and Emerging risks, Recovery and Resolution Planning, Stress Testing Governance, and Risk Culture.
How You’ll Succeed:
Taking on the role of the US Region Policy Administrator, the incumbent will:
- Maintain a US policy database as part of an integrated GRC system, ensuring policy metadata is up-to-date and accurate.
- Perform ongoing validation of policy activity, approvals, and plans with policy owners.
- Administer the policy control process, ensuring policies are tracked, centrally published, and registered with ERM Programs.
- Advise policy owners on adherence to Policy Framework and the associated US supplement.
- Act as the primary US liaison with the global Risk Policy and Governance group to ensure US compliance with the Policy Framework, and centrally track exceptions for the Policy Framework.
- Manage the US Supplement to the Policy Framework, and develop and maintain associated guides and standards.
- Design and deliver training to policy contacts related to policy governance.
- Administer and support the activities and operation of the US Region Policy Council.
- Manage other ERM policies, procedures, and standards such as those related to Risk Appetite and Risk Management Frameworks, as well as policies for various ERM Programs such as resolution planning and data and reporting governance (BCBS 239).
- Support the ERM team in the preparation of various presentations, updates, and reports for senior management and boards.
- Maintain an integrated data management (GRC) system including up-to-date and accurate:
- Registry of regulatory requirements and associated links to risk policies and reports, etc
- List of US committees, memberships, and committee charter repository
- Successful candidates must exhibit values of trust, teamwork, and accountability
- Preferred candidate has 5-7 years of experience in financial services or related work experience, preferably with experience in policies and governance or internal audit or related fields
- Undergraduate degree
- Technical skills in the Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Access preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong research skills and analytical capabilities
- Strong relationship management skills and team-orientation
- Superior time management skills, with ability to effectively prioritize
- You embrace and champion change. You’ll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You’re digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You’re driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.