EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
The Regulatory Officer works with the Regulatory Change Management Team within Planning Department as a Subject Matter Expert to assist with identification of regulatory change applicability of new or changes to existing laws, rules, regulations or material regulatory guidance and matters related to overseeing timely implementation
Daily execution of the centralized Regulatory Change Management (RCM) function to ensure:
• Timely review and initial analysis of alerts issued by various regulatory authorities (e.g. legislative bodies; departments; administrative agencies; and self-regulatory organizations) to determine applicability and potential impact to the US Operations
• Articulate the rationale for applicability and potential organizational impact with a level of accuracy suitable for internal stakeholder and external regulatory reviews
• Timely and effective communication with internal stakeholders to confirm applicability and develop further understanding of the impact a given regulatory change may have on activities of the firm
• Continued awareness of new and key regulatory developments, to include development of reporting and, educational material as and when required
• Ongoing support of regulatory projects by providing subject matter expertise
• Contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of policy and procedures of RCM activities as appropriate
• Support RCM governance process by helping in the preparation of key metrics and management information required to ensure appropriate internal and external reporting,
• Participate in the ongoing development and maintenance of the centralized RCM RegTech tool, repository for regulatory change management, underlying taxonomy and change methodology
• Ensure there is a collaborative and coordinated approach to all related work to drive a sustainable and holistic RCM function supported by the use of a RCM Regtech tool
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Graduate business degree or J.D. Degree preferred
• Former regulator, compliance, and/or attorney/legal background. Established relationships with industry and regulators preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory environment, including demonstrated knowledge of federal and state banking laws and regulations (e.g., Federal Reserve Bank, NYDFS, FDIC, OCC, CFTC, NFA, FINRA, SEC, MSRB)
• Experience working with regulators, specialized regulatory consulting firms or law firms
• Experience in analyzing and interpreting laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance related to bank holding companies and foreign banking organizations in the US, as well as their related business impacts
• Understanding of large and complex financial institutions, and their functions, including Risk Management, Compliance, Legal and Operations.
• Strong organization and time management skills, with attention to detail.
• Proven track record of managing high priority items in high pressure environments
• Advanced project management skills (including identification, tracking, reporting and analysis) experience in leading and program managing end-to end regulatory change management programs
• Excellent communication, analytical and writing skills. Strategic thinker; Team player and ability to work collaboratively.
• 10+ years of experience within Banking or Financial Services Regulatory Compliance, Governance, Legal, or related department, preferably with a foreign banking institution (FBO/IHC/BHC) doing business in the U.S.