Global Investment Bank
Office Status: Hybrid
Global investment bank is seeking a new Director of Technical Accounting to support all transactions of its capital markets, broker deal and digital banking businesses. This is a brand new/newly created position at the firm purely because of growth. The firm ranks top 20 globally in AUM and their Americas business is taking off as they launch a new broker dealer and dive into the digital banking world. This is a high level position that will work with several senior stakeholders throughout the firm and help build out this team.
They have three locations in the GNY area, the Director has the flexibility to work on a hybrid work schedule out of any of the locations:
- Responsible for providing advice and issuing policy guidelines on technical accounting issues for New York Branch, Cayman Branch, Bank Holding Company and its subsidiaries.
- Researching questions related to existing guidance, tracking emerging accounting guidance, implementing new accounting standards, supporting discussion of local accounting policy issues with internal /external auditors, as well as reviewing financial statements and disclosures for subsidiaries.
- Reporting to the MD , this position is responsible for research, analyses, writing, and dissemination of information in accordance with prescribed IFRS and U.S. GAAP.
- Position is fully knowledgeable on typical transactions and basic – complex questions and requires input only on very complex transactions or issues.
- Review & update U.S. GAAP & IFRS accounting policies
- Transaction Review & Accounting Analysis
- Emerging Guidance Tracking, Implementation & Presentation
- Financial Statement Review
- Attending Industry Meetings / Conferences
- Leading discussion on accounting policy related matters on new products and complex transactions