The Internal Audit Deputy Head has the role to manage the internal audit function, under the guidance and direction of the Head of Internal Audit. In support to the Head of Internal Audit, the Internal Audit Deputy Head will coordinate with the Head Office and local audit service provider for internal audit practice and monitor the whole process for the effectiveness of the third line of defense. The role oversees the fulfillment of the internal audit function for the New York Branch in conformance with industry and regulatory standards. An additional role is to monitor, track and report on the remediation progress of internal audit and regulatory examination findings, including coordination with issue owners.
- Serve as the point-of-contact regarding the overall internal audit process, as the Head of Internal Audit may require
- Liaise with Head Office, internal audit provider and departments/teams of the New York Branch in the process of audit planning, progress, review and finalization of audit reporting and remediation of audit findings.
- Assist management and related departments/teams to define their action plan to address regulatory exam findings, track and update the action status, and monitor the remediation for effective and timely closure. As needed, coordinate with the issue owner and audit provider to follow up on the clear expectations of the action plans as part of the remediation and/or validation process.
- Facilitate and communicate requests for information between internal audit provider and department/teams, and routinely monitor the timelines of
- Oversee with HOIAB Quality Assurance, a Quality Assurance & Improvement Plan (QAIP), in conference with the enhanced internal audit practice requirements from regulators such as SR13-01, as well as IIA Standards
- Provide audit status updated to IAB, executive management and related authorities including regulators and specialized committees of the Branch
- Other tasks will be assigned, without any conflicts of interest, to preserve the independence of this function.
Required Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Knowledge and experience with aspects of internal audit or internal control practice.
- Working experience related to financial industry a must.
- Independent worker, accountable and skilled in exercising sound judgement and decisiveness under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal, team-working and organization skills.
- Excellent Analytical skills, attention to details.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Good command of spoken and written Mandarin is preferred, but not required.
- BS in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration is required
- At least 15 years of related audit experience in financial services: including knowledge of regulatory rules and the programs used to comply with key requirements
- Prior experience in risk management, operation, audit or management consulting, preferable in a financial institution environment
- Prior experience at a Chinese Bank of CPA firm is preferred