Office Status: Hybrid
Our Client is seeking an Enterprise Risk Management Testing Lead to join the Enterprise Risk Management Testing team to conduct reviews specifically related to liquidity, market or credit risk. The Enterprise Risk Management Testing team is part of the Bank’s Enterprise Risk Management department and provides an independent oversight function within the second line of defense, by developing, implementing, and maintaining a consolidated monitoring and testing program at the corporate level. This team is responsible for developing repeatable testing standards with common methodology, providing governance and oversight, execution of testing program, reporting and communication of results to management, and tracking of exceptions.
- Plan and execute risk reviews according to the established review schedule
- Monitor and test to validate that key assumptions, data sources, and procedures utilized in measuring and monitoring risk and internal controls can be relied upon on an ongoing basis and, in the case of transaction testing, that controls are working as intended
- Monitor and test adherence with Bank’s policies and controls, as well as regulatory requirements
- Evaluate internal controls and identify deficiencies through the monitoring and testing reviews
- Provide recommendations to business units on how to remediate deficiencies identified as a result of testing activities to maintain an effective internal control framework
- Clearly write reports that articulate results and root cause and present to key business unit stakeholders
- Assist in investigation and reporting of issues, conducting inquires, obtaining and reviewing necessary documents and interviewing personnel, as appropriate
- Maintain an understanding of business operations, operational risks and regulatory guidance/expectations
- Anticipate changes in the internal and external environment and adapt the testing program accordingly
- Work collaboratively with peers, business units and other key partners
- The preferred candidate must have prior liquidity, market or credit experience in an audit, second line, or first line (Treasury or Credit) function.
- Candidate should have at least 5 – 8 years of related experience in the preferred fields.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent comprehension, listening, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, organized, able to multitask, and to follow through with assignments.
- Able to make sound risk/reward decisions, while generating logical and practical solutions.
- A forward thinking team player that consistently thinks of solutions outside the box.
- Ability to work effectively individually and/or in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Software Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PPT).
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and experience with banking products a plus.