Investment Bank Client
Office Status: Hybrid
International Investment Bank is building out its Finance team in NYC. The Global Controller is looking for a Finance Associate for his Management Reporting team. This is a team that will support all functions of the investment bank and broker deal on an international level in regard to accounting, finance and operations.
They work on a flexible work schedule (3x week from home), and offer very competitive compensation packages.
- This position is responsible for supporting the management reporting function of the Controllers Group by assisting with the lease accounting, fixed asset accounting, vendor control process and other general ledger reconcilaition and month end closing functions.
- This position is also responsible for assisting with audit balance confirmations, bank reconcilaitions, commercial rent tax, and interacting and coordinating with internal departments within the Bank and subsidiaries.
- This position is also responsible for training and reviewing work of junior staff to ensure all reports prepared are accurate and submitted timely.
- Employees participate in a hybrid workforce model that provides employees with an opportunity to work from home, as well as, from an office.
- Reporting to the Management Reporting Manager, this position is responsible for preparation of management reports.
- Roles at this level have developed an understanding of core operational processes. Day-to-day activities are focused on administering defined procedures, analyses and report preparation in accordance with prescribed IFRS and U.S. GAAP.dor maintenance and risk control procedures, review and approve vendor onboarding and resolve any issues that arise. The incumbent will also need to be able to review lease contracts, schedules and general ledger entries in order to prepare and/or supervise management reports and the filing of the commercial rent tax.