International Banking Client
Office Status: Hybrid
The Enterprise Risk Manager will report directly to the Head of Enterprise Risk in the NYC Corporate Office and will be a significant contributor to the success of the Enterprise Risk Management Department, supporting all aspects of the enterprise-wide risk management program.
- Helping perform comprehensive and well thought-out quantitative analyses and justifying the results and ERM’s conclusion in a logical manner.
- Keeping up-to-date with the industry best practices and new regulations.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Contribute towards the design, development, implementation, and execution of the ERM Framework in order to enhance an effective risk-based system to identify, measure, monitor, and control enterprise-wide risks.
- Disciplined attention to detail while utilizing strong project management experience and analytical skills on collected data, are necessary to provide quality assurance of output and reporting. You will generate appropriate reports for use in communicating status to management and oversight committees.
- Build, maintain, and enhance business relations with department and business stakeholders for the smooth implementation of risk management activities across the organization. Stakeholders also include regulators and external / internal auditors.
- Assist in identifying, monitoring and analyzing risks within the company’s business units, products, services and delivery channels.
- Apply sound judgment in evaluating risks and controls.
- Assist in performing and managing various risk assessment processes to identify current and emerging risks.
- Support maintenance of ERM policies, procedures, and standards consistent with regulatory guidance.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness in all manner of documentation and reporting
- Engages in continuous knowledge development by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining professional accreditations; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations.
- At least 10 years of work experience in risk management, Internal Audit, or risk management for a financial institution, consulting firm, or regulatory agency.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Collaborative team player and demonstrated ability to be flexible and easily shift among various tasks and projects.
- Knowledge of credit, liquidity, market, model, vendor, data and capital risks is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Software Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- A sound understanding of finance/ accounting/ business operations.
- Ability to understand sound risk/reward decisions.
- Ability to consciously balance data, logic and intuition in all activities.
- Ability to think broadly, generate simple and creative ideas, and to translate strategy to execution.
- Self- motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as a team.