Assist the Department Head in performing audits, internal control assessments, or reviews of compliance with established Bank policy & procedures, or laws and regulations. Tasks performed include examining records/reports/operating practices and documenting sample selected, test performed, test results, audit conclusion and findings.
- Plans and performs financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the annual internal audit plan;
- Conducts meetings/interviews/walkthroughs with Branch management and personnel to assess how controls are functioning in a specific area;
- Executes testing of specified area and identifies potential or reportable issues;
- Communicates findings to line management responsible for the area audited and the Department Head;
- Drafts audit findings/reports;
- Collects evidence or performs testing on corrective actions to ensure that remediation implemented is effective;
- Documents sample selected, fieldwork performed, test results, conclusion and findings in a clear and concise manner;
- Organizes supporting documents to support audit conclusion;
- Performs other duties (i.e. audit administration, special review, ongoing monitoring, etc) as assigned provided that the duties performed do not infringe on the auditor’s independence or objectivity.