The role is for a senior compliance professional to build and assume responsibility for the firm’s Regulatory Compliance Monitoring & Testing team, reporting directly to the Chief Compliance Officer. In this role the individual will design and implement the compliance monitoring and testing framework and lead the independent Regulatory Compliance Monitoring & Testing activities to monitor and periodically assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures put in place by the firm to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. The individual will be contributing to the compliance processes by identifying opportunities for improved adherence to regulatory requirements and company standards. The individual will also need to stay abreast of developments in regulatory rules and good practice to ensure the monitoring and testing framework remains fit for purpose.
Essential Function / major duties and responsibilities of the job:
• Lead the design and implementation of the regulatory compliance monitoring & testing framework to provide independent, risk-based monitoring of regulatory compliance.
• Develop and deliver the annual Regulatory Compliance Monitoring & Testing plan, ensuring all internal and external factors are taken into consideration.
• Oversee and mentor the team to ensure second line monitoring reviews are delivered on time and to an appropriate standard of quality.
• Oversee the tracking of corrective action plans and manage closure validation.
• Provide reporting and MI to the relevant committees and Boards.
• Identify and communicate priorities for the function, motivating and developing a high performing team.
• Contribute to the enhancement of compliance processes by identifying opportunities for improved adherence to regulatory requirements and company standards.
• Contribute to the development and execution of plans to address remediation efforts and testing review findings, which may include process updates, documentation and/or training.
• Provide guidance to challenge, support and provide information to the senior management teams and apply practical, proportionate and sustainable remediation to regulatory risk and conduct issues identified in the course of monitoring.
Experience / essential and desired for successful job performance
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/economics or law degree, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Legal qualification an advantage
- 5+ years of experience in a compliance/legal function
- Proven Compliance Advisory support experience
- Experience leading/contributing to the design and management compliance training programs
- Experience in analyzing and implementing regulatory reform measures
Knowledge, skills and abilities / competencies required for successful job performance
- Understanding of the need for and possession of the ability to uphold the highest standards of confidentiality
- Articulate and diplomatic, with strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to display a range of influencing styles and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Investigative and analytical thinking
- Ability to work independently to creatively assess and identify gaps and present solutions
- Ability to steer and influence a culture of compliance
- Project management skills an advantage
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel and Word