International Banking Client
Office Status: On Site
The Head of Retail Operations position is directly responsible for managing and providing daily support, training, and guidance to the Bank retail operations teams at Branches and Deposit Services Division. This position is directly responsible for managing the branch operations and indirectly responsible for managing the CSRs & tellers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises, and provides direction and support to the Bank’s retail banking operations for daily functions
- Supervises major operational projects related to products and services, technology, standardized policies and procedures.
- Supervise bank’s retail digital delivery channels including planning and replacing to keep the bank competitive and enhance customer experience.
- Manages and fosters a positive environment to ensure customer satisfaction and proper branch operations
- Promotes a service culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Collaborates with HR & bank appointed trainers to create a strong workforce by developing competent individuals; and ensuring staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development
- Assists in reviewing and making improvements to bank system policies, internal controls, and standard operating procedures
- Supervises and works closely with senior management to ensure the operational effectiveness, sustainability and resiliency of the Bank; drives change and improvement by convening, informing, supporting, influencing and mentoring; ensures all Bank operations are effectively integrated to achieve best possible outcomes
- Serves on Bank committees as required
- Works closely with the Bank’s Chief Compliance Officer and risk areas to ensure the Bank’s compliance with all applicable banking laws, rules and regulations; and assesses the effect of regulatory changes on overall Bank compliance and risk and ensures such matters are communicated to the President and CEO on a timely basis.
- Works closely with the Bank’s Community Reinvestment Act Officer
- Maintains effective industry awareness by reading sufficient daily, weekly, and monthly publications to be properly informed and able to converse about pertinent economic, governmental, and community related matters.
- Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate department or person, and exhibits the necessary follow through with customers and/or staff involved.
- Assumes responsibility for special projects; gathers data and prepares reports for the Board of Directors and other members of Senior Management, audits and other personnel.
- Plays a positive role in the development and growth of assigned department staff through excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, along with strong delegation skills assuring a highly cross-trained staff.
- Performs personnel actions including performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and interviewing candidates for employment; and supervises the daily activities of the department including, but not limited to, effective delegation of assignments, developing work schedules and providing necessary training.
REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of 10 – 15 years of retail banking experience or operations experience; or a combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to motivate and influence others.