Investment Banking Client
Office Status: Hybrid
Multibillion dollar investment bank with a growing M&A business and broker dealer is building out a brand new internal audit team in the US. The company has a small audit team right now based out of the country but they’re at a point where they need to start a new team based in NYC. This is an opportunity for someone with 3-5 years of experience to take on an immediate leadership role of a very successful investment firm. As the Manager, you will be the point person of walking through and explaining technical projects to key stakeholders across the country, assist with testing/controls for various investments and help build out a team. The head of the group prefers to hire someone earlier in their career that a team can be built around long term. They are working 2x a week in the office.
- Perform duties of an advanced or complex nature requiring strong judgment. Requires a good knowledge of equity trading
- Coordinate with external auditors to plan and scope work required, identify opportunities to streamline processes and reduce duplication of effort.
- Plan and execute audit engagements covering areas including financial, regulatory, operational as assigned in a manner that adheres to department standards including, scheduling interviews with process owners, requesting control documentation, conducting fieldwork and communicating audit results.
- Provide recommendations in reports that are well thought-out (i.e. determine effect on other areas of the organization), practical and written in a format that can be delivered directly to Executive Management and the Board.
- Provide regular reporting on testing progress and issues encountered.
- Manage and maintain relationships with primary auditees.
- Coach team members in areas where the candidate is the subject matter expert.
- 3-6 years of audit experience from another investment bank, asset management firm or big 4/national consulting firm
- Strong knowledge of capital markets and/or M&A banking