Investment Bank Client
Office Status: Hybrid
Midsized investment bank that specializes in M&A, and private equity deals is breaking into the cryptocurrency and cannabis investment space. The firm is based in Canada and because of growth, they’re expanding and growing their operations teams in the US. The head of audit is looking for a #2, someone who will be in NYC (hybrid work schedule) that can be the face of the team in the US and be the point person for dealing with senior stakeholders.
They would prefer to hire someone who’s up and coming that can grow into this role and someone they can build a team around long term. This is much different than working within an audit team at a large bulge bracket bank. From a business line exposure standpoint, this person will have the opportunity to look at and analyze all investments the firm has.
- Perform duties of an advanced or complex nature requiring strong judgment. Requires a good knowledge of ICFR.
- Coordinate with external auditors to plan and scope work required, identify opportunities to streamline processes and reduce duplication of effort.
- Plan and execute audit engagements covering areas including financial, regulatory, operational as assigned in a manner that adheres to department standards including, scheduling interviews with process owners, requesting control documentation, conducting fieldwork and communicating audit results.
- Ensure working papers and files (both on-line and hard copy) adhere to department standards.
- Deliver draft reports and supporting documentation within two weeks of completion of fieldwork.
- Provide recommendations in reports that are well thought-out (i.e. determine effect on other areas of the organization), practical and written in a format that can be delivered directly to Executive Management and the Board.
- 3-6 years of internal audit experience from a national consulting firm or another financial institution