Financial Services Client
Office Status: Hybrid (1 day per week in office)
Salary: $170,000 – $180,000
- Perform continuous monitoring of the business, under the direction of senior audit management, to identify emerging risks and issues and report to audit management and the Audit & Finance Committee.
- Communicating audit work overseen and managed to regulators and executive management.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with all levels of management and external parties.
- To monitor strategic developments and highlight any unidentified risks or potential control issues.
- Manage the development of the annual Audit Plan (for their respective portfolio) based on an assessment of the key risks and continuous review of risks to ensure the plan is amended where appropriate.
- Oversee and manage independent validation to confirm management’s remediation of audit and regulatory issues.
- Responsible for managing the planning and execution of complex audits and high-level reviews.
- Oversee and prioritize audit delivery across a portfolio of audits.
- Lead complex, non-routine, and cross-functional activities to support senior management in improving the departmental processes.
- Manage direct reports, or other members of the Internal Audit team (including co-source and SME resources), for the applicable portfolio audits.
- Performance management of direct reports (including coaching and performance reviews)
- Recruitment and retention of talent.
- Proactively maintain knowledge, skills and disciplines, with on-going professional development.
- Maintain the professional standard of the Internal Audit function and work within its agreed Terms of Reference and IIA standards/guidelines, Charter and Mandate.
- Demonstrate adaptability to ensure that the audit focus is maintained on key issues, under the guidance of audit senior management.