EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, email, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies
- Converses with internal customers to collect information about problem and leads internal customers through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Determines whether problem is caused by hardware such as modem, printer, cables, or telephone.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff.
- Logs and tracks calls using problem management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Prepares standard statistical reports, such as help desk incident reports.
- Analyzes and evaluates incident reports and makes recommendations to reduce help line incident rate.
- Consults with IT Team members to explain software errors or to collaborate and recommend possible changes.
- Collaborates with software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work.