Global Investment Bank
Office Status: Remote
A Senior Controller at a Global Investment Bank is looking for a #2. This is a legal entity controller team that is responsible for very complex financial reporting and analysis. All of the administrative accounting work is outsourced to a team based in Europe and the Junior Controller is responsible for providing analysis and technical reporting to Senior leadership. The firm rarely has a position at this level with this much of an opportunity to move up. The JC will work heavily with senior members of various business units internally to present sensitive financial information.
- Oversee secondary control review on intercompany reconciliations, Equity roll forwards and reasonableness of accounts e.g. hedging effectiveness, finance, tax impacts and cost of risk reserves to name a few.
- Monthly account certification via the review of account balance supports and balance certifications
- Monthly GPS control certification to evidence review of key controls e.g. intercompany reconciliation, manual account review, FX cession process etc.
- Complete end to end process for Corporate expense accruals and monitoring
- Provide support and information for other downstream reporting needs
- Assist with quarterly forecasting and budgeting efforts
- Provide support and expertise to New Product Committee discussions and ensure smooth transition from project to production in terms of the accounting life cycle.
- Work with support team for process improvements, efficiency gains and constantly work towards improving past processes
- 1-4 years of experience from a National CPA firm or another Financial Services company
- Financial Services experience is preferred.
- Technology skills with Alteryx, and Power Bi is a plus